What is Amish Furniture?
Amish furniture first gained attention in the 1920s for its focus on quality, craftsmanship and simplicity. It is also highly valued for its sustainability and is characterized as being 100% wood, usually with no particle board or laminate used, and with a high level of attention to detail.
Each piece of Amish furniture is carefully considered and the wood is hand chosen so that the wood coloring and grain flow together. It tends to be more expensive due to this focus on quality and craftsmanship.
Different Styles of Amish Furniture
The most distinctive styles of Amish furniture are:
- The Mission style is a clean and modern design with simple, straight lines and exposed joinery.
- The Shaker style is also very simple or plain, but elegant, with a basic design and focus on durability and functionality.
Amish Furniture and Murphy Wallbeds
How did Amish furniture come to be associated with Murphy Wallbeds? I do not know. I suspect it is due to the main characteristics of Amish furniture: American made, 100% real wood, high quality and sustainable furniture. Remember to look for these traits when you are shopping for Amish style furniture. (If anyone knows the answer to this, I would be happy to hear it!)
If you are on the search for a Murphy Wallbed with features of Amish style furniture, we have several ways to accommodate you at Wallbeds “n” More. Our Murphy Wallbeds are:
- 100% real wood
- California Made and Regulated
- High quality craftsmanship
- Available in custom and semi-custom designs
- Lifetime warranty on our bed mechanisms
If you haven’t heard, we are celebrating the new season with our Spring Sale! Now is the perfect opportunity to get started on your home projects, such as creating more valuable living space and providing your guests with a comfortable bed.