By Laura Vaughn
Laura is a real estate agent practicing in Contra Costa County. She was raised in and around the practice of real estate her entire life and has become a dedicated and experienced professional.
The holiday season is here again. If you are planning on hosting guests for a special holiday meal, here is some great information on how to be sure to welcome your guests with cheer!
First, decide on a theme and/or a color scheme so that all elements come together for a beautiful presentation. After that, determine the level of formality so you can set the right look and feel. Next, prepare to set your table using creative ideas like the ones I have listed below:
- Layer the linens. Know that an elegant tablecloth still has its place, but note that you can team up cloths, runners and placemats for an inspiring display. Add a solo runner to set off a centerpiece, or arrange several to define place settings. Lay runners on your bare table, then top them with placemats. Or, diagonally layer tablecloths for added flair.
- Dress up tableware. To fancy up your place setting, pre-set your table with cheerful charger plates (under entree plates). Go for glimmer and glamour, or subtle sparkle, and pick from a medley of shapes. Then add well-chosen vintage pieces to liven up the mix.
- Use creative centerpieces. Make traditional centerpieces livelier by trying new twists on old standbys. Or try out totally new ideas like an edible centerpiece. Or how about using on ornate platter stacked with small token gifts wrapped in gorgeous holiday paper?
- Decorate your seating. Want to make your holiday table really pop? Dress up your chairs too. Drape them with fitted covers or a swath of flowing fabric to match your color scheme. On a simpler note, just tie ribbons around chair backs in a pretty bow-tie knot.
- Finish with finesse. Last, know that your table is not complete until you have added the finishing touches that make it truly special, such as unique place cards that make each guest feel personally welcomed.
The Wallbeds “n” More Team