One of the most obvious ways to save money when you need to cut back is on the big expenses. This is when you decide that your current tv is fine and you really don’t need to upgrade to the latest HDTV or even 3-d tv at the moment. Or you decide that a “staycation” is a better option for your family vacation this year – trying a unique area near your home that you have never explored before.
But in reality, the best way to save money is on a daily basis – on your daily purchases that occur in small amounts but add up quickly. These purchases include your daily coffee fix, weekly grocery shopping and more. Below are some tips and resources to help take control of the small costs that slowly trickle away.
Saving on Your Daily Coffee
Of course the best way to save money on coffee is to make your own at home or work, but if for whatever reason that isn’t a viable option, here are a few tips for those who buy everyday.
The following are secrets on saving money on your coffee that Starbucks doesn’t want you to know, from Money Talks News.
Starbucks Savings Tips
- Get a free Starbucks card where you receive a free drink on your birthday and earn free drink customizations (such as free syrups and milks), free refills and free trial offers.
- Bring your own reusable cup. Starbucks offers discounts to its eco-conscious customers. For an extra benefit, order a tall and bring a VERY large cup.
- Use the unlimited free wi-fi to do all your work, check emails and catch up with friends.
- Get 54-cent refills during your visit.
Starbucks Insider Tips
Poor Man’s Latte
One alternative to forking over cash for a latte is to order an iced espresso in a large cup and then use the complimentary condiment bar to add your choice of milk.
Choose your food wisely
While the seasonal baked goods at Starbucks are really good, basics such as fruit and bagels are standard and can be purchased for cheaper other local stores or supermarkets.
Don’t get too comfortable an office there
The free wi-fi is a great option to work away from home. However, don’t get caught up with having to constantly buy drinks. Also, Starbucks does not particularly like this so make sure to tip the baristas well, get the cheap or free refills every few hours and don’t make a nuisance of yourself by taking business calls inside.
Sign Up for Daily Deals
Daily coupons are some of the best ways to save money. Collect them over the week and then use them to plan out your shopping trips for groceries and other and necessity shopping trips.
- AllYou.com offers daily emails of free products offers and samples. When you sign up for the daily free sample you will also be offered a variety of free newsletters to help you with saving tips and coupon offers.
- Groupon offers daily deals from restaurants, museums, stores, hotels and more, all targeted to your home city.
Shop with Coupons
- AllYou.com also has a whole section on coupons and exclusive offers.
- Money Saving Mom has a whole section on coupons as well. In fact, this whole site is full of money saving deals.
Have any other suggestions or local stores that you recommend for deals? Leave a comment and let us know.
The Wallbeds “n” More Team